A fantastic opportunity for a Head of IT to work for a leading manufacturing PLC, with a global presence and a household name. The organisation has a leading brand, designing and manufacturing high end products. The group consists of 2,500 employees worldwide, of which 2000 are located in the UK.
The key focus for the Head of IT is to lead and drive the integration of ERP systems across multi-sites within the UK.
The organisation is currently implementing a harmonised ERP system, which will be used by key business functions across the organisation. Leading a multi-site team and working closely with a 3rd party supplier, the Head of IT will lead and drive the ERP implementation, providing project management expertise, setting delivery milestones and working with all stakeholders to ensure a successful implementation.
Applicants for the Head of IT must have strong project management, stakeholder engagement, problem solving and team leading expertise, with the ability to deliver business critical systems to budget and on time.
Moving forward the Head of IT will strive to meet future business needs, by providing insight on industry best practice, new technologies Vs business benefit, and ensuring the IT function is meeting the ever changing needs of the organisation.
The Head of IT will drive the implementation of key IT Systems across the organisation both currently and in the future.
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Managerial experience – Solid experience of leading delivery teams for large scale implementations.
- Strong leadership, people management and communication skills.
- Solid experience of managing the implementation of ERP systems, Warehouse Management Systems, Manufacturing, Logistics and ideally POS systems & e-commerce.
- Experience of the manufacturing or logistics sector.
- Solid Project/Program Management experience – ideally be Prince 2 qualified.
- Proven track record of large scale project delivery – setting key milestones & realistic deadlines, providing updates on project timescales, and driving the delivery team to deliver projects on-time and to budget.
- Solid stakeholder management experience.
- Experience of managing 3rd party providers and contract management.
- Understanding of IT design and development principles, techniques and methodologies.
- Proven IT Leader with broad knowledge across all IT disciplines, and experience across a number of the IT disciplines.
- Strong Technical knowledge of network and PC operations including servers.
- Highly organised and disciplined with the ability to work across organisational boundaries.
- Pro-active, adaptable and results driven.
- Desirable to have experience of working within an ITIL environment.
- Desirable to have experience of business process re-engineering implementations.
Please call Maurice immediately for an in-depth discussion on my private line:
Keywords: Head of IT, Director of IT, Programme Manager, Project Manager, Prince 2, ERP, Warehouse Management Systems, manufacturing, logistics, Midlands, Warwickshire, West Midlands.