Our client is an automotive parts manufacturing organisation who are looking for Senior IT Engineer to work at their busy site in Banbury.
Responsible for being both proactive and reactive, configuration and system documentation in a busy manufacturing environment.
- Providing 1st/2nd/3rd line IT support to end users with technical queries, troubleshooting helpdesk tickets via email, telephone or in person.
- Provide out of hours support to the business on a rota, to ensuring business continuity for critical processes and systems.
- Database administration of site MSSQL databases making sure performance, security and best practices are maintained.
- Maintain MES (Manufacturing Execution System) and conduct administration support along with SOX compliance.
- Master Data responsibility between SAP, EDI and MES System.
- Work closely with IT Manager to devise efficient plans to maintain the continuity as well as the advancement of IT and infrastructure systems for manufacturing and operational excellence.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions, supporting IT technical implementations.
- To ensure that the system is available to all users with minimal downtime.
- Manage the daily backup schedules and help maintain/improve the disaster recovery procedures/documentation.
- Installation or replacement of hardware and peripherals in order to resolve issues. Maintenance and Administration of the plant MES Systems (Jitcar / Solidat)