You will be reporting directly to the Development Manager and your role will be to understand customer requirements and represent the customer throughout the software development life cycle.
A major part of the role will be writing functional specifications that are suitable for both customers and developers. The successful candidate will come from a software background
Travel to our client’s customer sites is needed.
- Understand the industry requirements of our clients customer base and develop a thorough understanding of how those requirements are met by their product range.
- Understand and document customers’ requirements for their or modified functionality, including acceptance criteria.
- Work with User Groups to define and prioritise feature requests and scope service packs.
- Act as a customer proxy during the software development life cycle, liaising with developers and testers throughout (including solution design, issue triage and handovers).
- Ensure any modifications to standard software products consider the needs of, and are suitable for, the entire customer base.
- Conduct User Acceptance Testing with customers.
- Understand the implications of changes on budgets and timescales, make cost/benefit judgments, and set customers’ expectations.
- Share information and transfer business expertise across the team and throughout the business.
- Promote and advocate best practices within the team and throughout the business.
- At least two year’s commercial experience as a Business Analyst in a Software Development environment.
- Commercial awareness.
- Experience working with financial software or from working in the financial sector.
- Experience in a true agile delivery environment (Scrum, XP, TDD, BDD).
- Degree, ideally 2:1 or higher in a scientific/engineering discipline.
This role is commutable from: Tamworth, Derby, Birmingham, Burton-upon-Trent, Coalville, West Midlands, Coventry, Nottingham, Solihull, Sutton Coldfield, Cannock and Lichfield