Candidates will need to have a current SC/DV Clearance or must be willing to undergo clearance.
Government client is looking for a Digital Chief Technology Officer to Lead a team of professional staff to deliver technologies and systems that meet the needs of the digital service users and staff.
- Provide strong leadership and advocacy for the delivery of IT and digital technology solutions that support business transformation programmes.
- Provide strategic direction and determine business priorities for the development of technology ensuring that digitally driven solutions and services are fully supported by the right architectures and systems.
- Lead the management and retirement of existing Legacy systems whilst ensuring mission critical IT remains fully fit for purpose.
- Embed the delivery of a sustainable, high quality technology capability across the office, and a complementary capability strategy to deliver business transformation.
- Bring a deep knowledge of the technology landscape and marketplace to the department, and ensure that it makes effective use of modern standards and solutions.
Develop appropriate elements of an integrated suite of technology options, tools, services and technical models and policies to cover the end user devices, applications, data, networks, and information infrastructure/computing layers. Champion the development of and adherence to coherent Defence Enterprise Architectures to drive convergence, coherence and re-use of ICT components
Subject Matter Expertise
Provide Subject Matter Expertise for core technologies, including contribution to the Defence Manual of Information Communications Technology Service Development:
Advise Programme and Project Managers to ensure that service supplier’s plans and products are aligned with technology strategy, coherent with the relevant technical architectures and compliant with policies and standards .
Provide input into Technical, System and Layer Design Authority to ensure that technology services are procured, developed and maintained in accordance with the Departmental strategies, policies and architectures .
Direct the capture and development of capability and business requirements, transforming them into systems or service designs, constraints and supporting contextual documents, specifically for technologies selected and technology configurations. Innovation and Continuous Service Improvement
Champion CSI opportunities through the investigation and introduction of innovative technical capabilities. Support CSI improvements to technologies on behalf of the CSI Lead or Business Process Owner