You are a highly professional IS manager used to dealing with stakeholders, peers and junior staff with a flair for delivering high quality work in the Governance / Strategy / Architecture space. You either have Security Clearance or you are comfortable to go through a BPSS/DBS type baseline security clearance.
Reporting to the head of IS for this Government Department, you will work with a small team comprising a Technical Architect, an Information Architect, a Business Relationship Manager and a Solution Architect.
• You will be accountable for the development of IT architecture with supporting standards, guidelines, procedures and templates.
• You will lead on the governance function to ensure that strategies, procedures and activities are delivered in accordance with the needs and governance structures of the organisation.
• You will agree the long term technology direction for the organisation and responsible for alignment of IS strategy – with the business strategy.
• Accountable for the development of architecture, innovation and future IT requirements inline with the Department’s strategic objectives.
• Measures, reports and evaluates Strategy & Governance sub-function performance against set objectives and recommends remedial actions.
• Production of IT architecture related business cases.
• Forecasts demand for the Strategy & Governance sub-function and anticipates major business changes to ensure sufficient IS-related capabilities.
• Actively contributes to the overall management of Strategy & Governance sub-function through regular meetings actively input to strategies, policies, plans and future development of IT services.
• Oversees the overall relationship between the business and the IS Department.
• Facilitates relationships between the senior Department stakeholders and IS Department to understand business strategic and operational needs, to ensure IS Branch’s current and future capabilities are able to meet such demand.
• Investigates competing business demands and IS Branch strategic direction and liaises with key stakeholders to provide expert advice and recommendations for the introduction of, and change to, IS Services.
• Maintains high level knowledge of the key business capabilities, reference model, processes and systems employed across the Department.
• Communicates architecture strategic roadmaps and solutions to enterprise stakeholders, promoting their benefits to the organisation, with the ability to explain technical information to non-technical staff.
• Leads and assists procurement activities as appropriate.
• Makes decisions at the appropriate time, taking into account the needs of the situation, priorities, constraints and the availability of necessary information.
• Represents the Head as appropriate and when required.
• Supports development of the team and enables them to keep their skills and knowledge up to date.
Points scored for Supplier Management, working with Procurement, working with Managed Service Suppliers, Budget Management, IT Service Continuity and Security and Risk Management.