Java Developer - Sheffield
Java Developer. Sheffield. Contract up to 12 months. Up to £400 per day.
As a Java Developer you will have strong skills in web development and want to work within multidisciplinary agile teams of developers, designers and researchers focused on products. You’ll provide technical leadership, working closely with the wider team to ensure high quality code is delivered in line with the project goals and delivery cycles.
You’ll work closely with designers to deliver rapid prototypes as well as production code for which you’ll ensure high accessibility standards are upheld. We expect familiarity with modern frameworks and languages, as well as working practices such as TDD, continuous integration, continuous delivery and DevOps.
- Experience building server-side web applications and detailed knowledge of at least one programming language (we use a range of languages including Ruby, Python, and Java) and/or detailed understanding and experience of front-end web development (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Outstanding ability to develop efficient, highly optimised and clear code
- Understanding of and experience with a range of approaches to testing application code and systems for behaviour and performance
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Experience working on technical projects within a team
- Working knowledge of unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X
- Knowledge of the git version control system
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques
- Understanding of the use of Responsive Web Design
- Deep knowledge of accessibility standards and developing web products that can be used easily by users with a range of assitive technology needs
Please note the successful candidate must either hold SC clearance or be willing to undergo security vetting in order to obtain the level required.
Could you be interested in a new opportunity to progress in your career?
If not – why not recommend someone? Barclay Anderson are a leading IT Recruitment Specialist and are more than happy to pay referral fee’s on successful placements.
If you’re interested in a new opportunity or if you know anyone that could be interested in a new role, let us know for more details.
If you have any questions please call the main office number on 0121 248 2600 and reference this vacancy.
Not the job you’re looking for? Email us your CV to see how we can help you.
Is your company currently recruiting? Call us today to discuss your vacancy with one of our experienced recruiters: 0121 248 2600.