Microfocus Cobol Developer - Gaydon
Microfocus Cobol Developer – Gaydon – £25 Per Hour
Microfocus Cobol Developer required for our prestigious client based in Gaydon for a 9 month contract with possible extensions.
To develop, support and maintain in house business interfaces and applications written Microfocus Cobol.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
With support from the IT manager and/or a senior systems analyst:
- To create Systems Requirements Documents for signoff by the IT Manager
- Develop IT Applications in line with Systems Requirements Documents
- Support User Acceptance Testing of those applications
- To ensure effective integration with all downstream business processes and systems.
Qualifications & Experience
- Outline the main Policies, Procedures, Schedules, Process, and Manuals etc. within which the job is required to operate.
- Minimum 3 years experience developing with Microfocus Cobol
Skills in the following would be highly advantageous
- Browser Based UI using tools such as Dreamweaver
- Visual Cobol, with eclipse IDE
- Experience with Visual Studio development including C#
- Web Services
- Oracle Database
- Suse Linux
The role is commutable from West Midlands, Coventry, Rugby, Northampton, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Banbury, Oxford, Soilihull, Kenilworth
Could you be interested in a new opportunity to progress in your career?
If not – why not recommend someone? Barclay Anderson are a leading IT Recruitment Specialist and are more than happy to pay referral fee’s on successful placements.
If you’re interested in a new opportunity or if you know anyone that could be interested in a new role, let us know for more details.
If you have any questions please call the main office number on 0121 248 2600 and reference this vacancy.
Not the job you’re looking for? Email us your CV to see how we can help you.
Is your company currently recruiting? Call us today to discuss your vacancy with one of our experienced recruiters: 0121 248 2600.