Our global manufacturing client is seeking a Senior Infrastructure Architect to modernise and productionise a number of historical business-delivered tactical technology solutions used within manufacturing. This is a Senior Infrastructure Architecture role to support the design and transition of these legacy solutions, bringing them on-net, introducing enterprise class security whilst ensuring they continue to meet the business needs.
The role involves undertaking activities such as confirming functional and non-functional requirements, creating high-level and detailed designs, obtaining relevant signoffs and supporting the implementation and support handover phases.
The person performing the role will be a seasoned Infrastructure Architect with design experience of Networks, third party connectivity, Security, Data Center, Hosting Platforms, Servers, Storage and Applications Infrastructure, with a strong preference for those with some experience of commercial or manufacturing environments. You will also need to be adaptable, pragmatic, delivery focused (a `doer’ more than a `thinker’)
• Accountable for infrastructure solution architecture and design within defined scopes of work
• Liaising with other technical resources and SMEs to ensure strategic fit and knowledge share
• Able to explain and defend design decisions through governance Steering designs and implementations through the respective quality gates and governance processes
• Ensuring that technical build matches design Peer review of designs
• Ensuring that implementations smoothly transition into support
• Ability to lead and manage other technical resources, including remote management of offshore resources
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including accurate technical documentation and ability to communicate technical concepts to a wide audience
• Specialism in Security, End User Computing or Applications Infrastructure an advantage
• Conceptual, Logical and Physical Architectures High Level HW, SW Design
Low Level HW, SW Design/Assurance
• Transition Plan Assurance Performance/Capacity Planning Knowledge Transfer
Senior Infrastructure Architect, Enterprise Architect, Infrastruture Architect,
This role is based in Liverpool and is commutable from Manchester, Chester, Blackpool, Oldham, Stoke-on-Trent, Derby, Cheshire, Wirall,Greater Manchester, Halewood, Preston