Senior PHP Developer - Sheffield
Senior PHP Developer. Sheffield. Negotiable salary dependent on experience.
A world leader in cloud-based dispatch technology across the UK, Ireland, US and Canada is rapidly expanding with staff numbers doubling last year. This is an opportunity to work within an innovative and experienced development team with no glass ceilings.
The perfect candidate will be a passionate and commercially experienced PHP developer with a view on development environments, tools and methods. Full systems training will be given though.
We need you to bring your brain, your talent and your experience to the table. You have probably been playing with code since a teenager and you may have personal projects as well as professional systems that you have previously developed.
- Developing high quality code using Agile work practices
- Driving best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm
- Assisting product managers and business stakeholders in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Mentoring junior developers including code reviews and training
- Anything else that is thrown your way!
You will probably have the following attributes:
- Extensive PHP development experience
- Expert knowledge in development with PHP5/OOP and other OOP languages
- Solid working experience of MVC frameworks, and SQL Databases, and ORM tools (Symfony, Kohana, Zend, Doctrine etc.)
- Strong working experience of Unit Testing (PHPUnit), TDD, Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Strong experience in WebSQL, jQuery and HTML
- Experience using agile methodologies and working in scrum teams
- Experience with BDD frameworks (Behat, Codeception)
- Experience using AWS, exposure to Microservices
- Github and Jira
- Experience of collaborating with a UI/UX team
Barclay Anderson is working on an exclusive basis with this organisation; therefore you won’t find this opportunity anywhere else.
For more information please call the Barclay Anderson switchboard and ask for Millie.
The role is based in Sheffield and is commutable from Rotherham, Dronfield, Chesterfield, Worksop, Doncaster, Barnsley and Mansfield
Could you be interested in a new opportunity to progress in your career?
If not – why not recommend someone? Barclay Anderson are a leading IT Recruitment Specialist and are more than happy to pay referral fee’s on successful placements.
If you’re interested in a new opportunity or if you know anyone that could be interested in a new role, let us know for more details.
If you have any questions please call the main office number on 0121 248 2600 and reference this vacancy.
Not the job you’re looking for? Email us your CV to see how we can help you.
Is your company currently recruiting? Call us today to discuss your vacancy with one of our experienced recruiters: 0121 248 2600.