Barclay Anderson is looking for 2 Senior WebOps/DevOps Engineers to join our Government client’s Digital team. You will be responsible for working with project teams to build and maintain automated deployment processes, to encourage common code ownership of the deployment stack amongst project developers, encourage the breaking down of silos between operations and development, and to monitor and administer cloud based infrastructure and platforms.
OPG is part way through a large-scale digital transformation programme, which currently comprises 5 products, 3 web-facing and 2 internal staff-facing:
The applicant must have previous experience maintaining web applications on Linux Servers in a production environment and using automated tooling to configure new Servers.
• 4+ years WebOps responsibilities
• Experience working in an Agile environment across multiple projects
• Understanding of common web application architectures
• Experience configuring and managing Linux Servers for serving a dynamic website
• Experience debugging a complex multi-server service
• Familiarity with network protocols – TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
• Experience of deploying and configuring machines in a cloud environment eg AWS, Rackspace
• Knowledge of application deployment strategies and Continuous Integration, particularly Jenkins
• Comfortable with configuration management tools: at least one of Salt, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar
• Previous experience deploying web services in PHP & Ruby or Python; or previous experience developing web applications in PHP & Ruby or Python
• Knowledge of the use of version control systems such as git or subversion
• Experience administering common open source databases like MySQL, Postgres or MongoDB
• Able to self manage and work alone as well as an integral part of a team
• Experience of team leading a DevOps team
• Experience as a web applications developer
• Working within a product-centric (rather than project based) environment
• Knowledge of installation and management of open source monitoring tools
• Experience with open source solutions and community
• Experience working with PHP frameworks (knowledge of Zend2 a bonus)
• Knowledge of monitoring and logging tools: Sensu, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
Metrics: ElasticBeats, Collectd, Statsd
• Containerisation: Docker Engine, Docker Compose, Docker Toolbox
• Cloud: EC2, ELB, Route53, S3, DynamoDB, SQS, Elasticache, RDS, VPC, Security Groups, ECS, IAM WebOps Developer, DevOps Engineer, DevOps Consultant.
As this role is working from home, but will require attending the office once a week in either Nottingham, London or Birmingham, so therefore you can be based in London, Milton Keynes, Sheffield, Cardiff, Derby, Coventry, Plymouth, Andover, West Midlands, East Midlands, Warwickshire