IT Support Engineer - Birmingham
Site IT Support Engineer – Up to £35,000
Successful niche managed service business seeks a further Support Engineer to work directly for the Managing Director. You will be based from their Stirchley offices but some of your time will be with clients, supporting them on-site. Clearly, there’s some travel.
Engineers here see problems through to resolution and they record all their work for future reference. The team-spirit is high, so you will already be known as a team-player. You have a tendency to share knowledge, both technology and issue resolution.
In the main, this role is all about:
- Managing helpdesk tickets
- Maintaining Knowledge Base s
- Monitoring daily client backup reports
- Responding to monitoring system alerts
- Visiting client premises when issues require onsite resource
- Taking a leading role in client and internal projects
- Sharing experience/knowledge with other engineers
Your skill-set encompasses at least 80% of the following:
- Server 2012 / 2008 / SBS 2011
- AD, Group Policy
- Windows 7 – 10
- Mac OSX
- Exchange 2010 / 2013 / 2016
- Office 265 – Exchange / SharePoint
- Office 2007 / 2010 / 2013 / 2016
- SQL 2008 onwards
- RDS / TS 2008 / 2012
- Firewalls – WatchGuard / Draytek
- Managed Switches – HP
- VMWare ESXi / Hyper-V
- AV – Sophos / Symantec / AVG
- Mobile device configuration (email / apps)
- WAN & LAN configuration
- Remote access software – BeAnywhere / TeamViewer
- Monitoring – PRTG
- Helpdesk – ZenDesk
- Hardware configuration of PCs and servers
The ethos here is to keep the end-client happy at all times, take ownership of problems and ensure clients and the internal team are fully informed of the next step.
Could you be interested in a new opportunity to progress in your career?
If not – why not recommend someone? Barclay Anderson are a leading IT Recruitment Specialist and are more than happy to pay referral fee’s on successful placements.
If you’re interested in a new opportunity or if you know anyone that could be interested in a new role, let us know for more details.
If you have any questions please call the main office number on 0121 248 2600 and reference this vacancy.
Not the job you’re looking for? Email us your CV to see how we can help you.
Is your company currently recruiting? Call us today to discuss your vacancy with one of our experienced recruiters: 0121 248 2600.