IR35 Status: In Scope – Up to £600 Per Day Umbrella
Candidates will ideally be BPSS/DS cleared or be willing to undergo clearance.
Barclay Anderson is looking for a UNIX Systems Administrator to work for a Government Client in Plymouth on a 6 month contract.
If you have any previous experience within a Government/Public Sector as a Unix Systems Administrator with the skills below it would be highly advantageous
As a Unix Systems Administrator you will carry out tasks to build, maintain and support Linux Servers in a virtualised hardware environment, under guidance of senior Linux systems administrators.
• Monitoring, installation, configuration, management and maintenance of the UNIX Solaris Systems, to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
• Assist in the installation and support of Linux based Middleware and application software.
• Assist in the monitoring and analysis of the availability and performance of the Linux based IT infrastructure and delivered IT services.
• Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant IT Infrastructure components.
• Monitoring system hardware to ensure timely escalation and resolution of any faults.
• Analysing system logs and identifying potential issues.
• Providing application, maintenance and support.
• Gather and assimilate customer(s) requirements for new IT Systems.
• Adding new systems and removing redundant systems.
• Reporting any incident or situation where it is suspected the security has, or may have been compromised.
• Knowledge and awareness of Project Management principles.
• IT Security Awareness.
• Planning and Risk Management skills.
• Knowledge of Data Protection Principles and Freedom of Information Act.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and IT service providers.
• Solaris Administration.
• Working knowledge of UNIX Solaris Systems.
• Practical experience of server software and hardware build and maintenance
Unix Administrator, Linux Administrator, South West