This role is responsible for the 3rd Line BAU, implementation, documentation & management of the Windows Server and associated systems infrastructure across all sites. The role will assume BAU for the Windows Server Estate (Hyper-V hosts and guests) as well as the hardware it runs on, HP Blade and HP Synergy systems. An element of the role will include BAU for Azure and Office365
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• Technical input on all Wintel related projects, across all sites
• Work with the IT Operations Manager and Senior IT Operations Engineers to complete BAU work to enable efficient and secure delivery of the Wintel Platform
• Responsible for ensuring optimum performance of the windows server estate – performance monitoring, tuning, patch management & documentation
• Provide Tier 3 BAU support as required through user tickets, which can involve basic to complex troubleshooting
• Maintain dependent services including DNS, DHCP & RADIUS
• Troubleshooting complex issues surrounding the Windows Server estate at both software and hardware levels. Working with other team members (networks, storage, application) to resolve issues quickly and put measures in place to mitigate reoccurrences.
• Provide support and assistance to 3rd line functions when needed & ensure customer queries are resolved quickly and efficiently, whilst providing training and knowledge sharing
• Follow IT processes to ensure OLAs and SLAs are met
• Manage the local and azure ADs with respect to group policies for users and computers
• Understand advances and changes in related technology & work directly with equipment manufacturers to assess new technologies
• Develop solutions with a focus on reducing operating costs and/or increasing customer experiences
• Ensure the security of the Wintel infrastructure and maintain compliance with all applicable security standards.
• Incident and Problem Management experience.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or a minimum of 6 years relevant experience preferred
Level 3 knowledge of Windows Server 2008R2 & Server 2012R2 (including OS fine-tuning, troubleshooting & installation & managing infrastructure services such as DHCP, DNS, DFS.
• Level 3 knowledge of one or more of the following: System Centre Operations Manager 2012R2, Virtual Machine Manager 2012R2, Orchestrator 2012R2, Service Manager 2012 R2
• A detailed understanding of Active Directory and surrounding technologies including DNS, Group Policy, ADFS, PKI and RMS
• Previous experiencing in configuring, installing and troubleshooting HP servers including the DL and BL range.
• A fundamental understanding of enterprise-class storage systems
• A fundamental understanding of networking including LAN and WAN technologies
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
Experience of the following is advantageous:
• ITIL Continual Service Improvement or ITIL Practitioner
• MCSA Windows Server
• ITIL Foundation
The role is based in Coventry and is commutable from Warwick, Birmingham, West Midlands, Stratford upon Avon, Bicester, Banbury, Warwickshire, Leamington Spa, and Leicester
3rd Line Support, 3rd Line Engineer, Wintel Engineer, Technical Support Engineer