This role will be responsible for the entire Windows server estate, mentoring other team members including help desk analysts and reporting to department manager.
You will be responsible for
- Implementing and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2003 & 2008
- Troubleshooting Windows services eg) DNS, DHCP, Clusters, IIS.
- VMware / ESX / Citrix maintenance and support
- Virtualising the server estate to Hyper V.
- Provide 3rd / 4th level support on server issues.
You will have experience of:
- RAID, Storage, SCSI Disks.
- Ideally Microsoft Certification of MCSE/MCSA/MCITP
- Microsoft System Centre Suite (especially SCCM, SCOM, MOM, WSUS).
- Application Packaging and Automated Deployment using Microsoft tools.
- Virtualisation Especially Hyper V / App V (Softgrid).
- Microsoft Windows Server Platform (2003 / 2008).
- Network knowledge a bonus.