PHP Developer. Hertfordshire. £ Dependant upon experience. Permanent. Opportunity to join a leading global organisation with an excellent reputation, championing PHP development across EMEA.
- The PHP developer will work and train in the latest eCommerce development environment.
- The PHP developer will deliver marketing and sales solutions on Internet/E-commerce platforms.
- The PHP developer will also be involved in mentoring junior PHP developers and championing PHP technology across EMEA
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/PHP DEVELOPER:
- Support and build PHP, MySQL applications.
- Apache Web Servers/Linux OS.
- E-commerce support processes.
- Mentoring junior PHP developers.
- Working with and management of 3rd party development teams.
- Good business analysis skills in capturing European business requirements.
- Writing and interpreting technical design documents.
- Maintaining rigorous control of ITIL processes around support and release management.
- Source control processes and tools such as SVN or CVS.
- Software Development Methodologies (Agile, Waterfall).
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED/PHP DEVELOPER:
- Extensive development experience working with PHP and MySQL.
- A good grounding in some of the following: eCommerce B2C and B2B,
- Linux/UNIX and Apache (LAMP environment).
- Exposure to API’s coding such as Credit card Payments, PayPal etc.
- Experience of working on high transactional B2C web sites.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Good time management.
DESIRABLE TECHNICAL SKILLS/PHP DEVELOPER
- Experience of Accessibility, Usability, CSS Layouts, W3C, WAI,
- Experience of working across EMEA.
- Experience mentoring junior colleagues.
- SAP integration experience.
KEYWORDS: PHP Developer, Apache Web Servers/Linux OS, LAMP, PHP Developer PHP, Permanent, Hertfordshire.