Senior Business Analyst
Technical Environment: Oracle, PL/SQL, C#, .NET
As Business Analyst you will be required to formulate and define change project objectives based on end-user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements. To undertake end-user requirements gathering and develop functional specifications. To prepare business cases and project plans for change initiatives. To monitor technical delivery to ensure business needs are met.
- Act as a primary interface with end users to produce business, functional and technical requirements
- Prepare project justification and Business Requirements Specifications for change projects
- Analyse requirements through user interviews and data collection and work with designers to transform those requirements into solutions for implementation
- Work with users to balance cost to implement/complexity of requirement with projected benefit of a change, reaching agreement on the scope of any development
- Undertake feasibility activity, taking an outline idea and developing to sufficient detail to enable a decision to be made on whether to proceed
- Prepare cost estimates and project timelines for completing recommended solutions
- Work with Finance colleagues and operational stakeholders to build the benefits case for investment
- Act as the voice of the sponsor on bespoke software development projects.
- Provide input into training and implementation plans
- Facilitation agreement on project success criteria, desired outcomes and business requirements between a diverse set of stakeholders and project teams
- Provide hands on coaching to less experienced Business Analysts, contributing to the development of the capability of the IT function
- Must have a mindset of curiosity, a willingness to challenge ideas to establish value and a forward-thinking outlook with an interest in acquiring and bringing new techniques and thought leadership to an IT function.