Software Support Analyst. Circa £30k – Birmingham, West Midlands. Permanent. This is an excellent opportunity to join a cutting edge technology based organisation working within a supportive and team driven environment.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Solid experience of SQL Server
- SQL Scripting experience – covering Stored Procedures, Triggers, Cursors, Functions
- Supporting enterprise-level applications
- Experience of dealing with clients’ over the phone
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to escalate problems and prioritise work load
- Experience of supporting Web based Applications
- Any exposure to C# .NET or VB.NET
- Testing experience
- Running test scripts
- Reporting back on bugs and issues identified
- This is a dual role with the work load split between Web Application Support and Testing. The role would suit a candidate that likes variation within a role, and would relish the challenge to take responsibility for both Web Application Support and Testing in the future.
- The Software Support Analyst will be practised in logging, handling and resolving external customers’ queries and issues on an enterprise-level software.
- The Software Support Analyst will be the first point of contact for logging and dealing with issues and escalating issues when required.
- Be responsible for producing management reports on the efficiency of the Help Desk function.
- Responsible for running test scripts and performing manual testing on existing and new software enhancements – they will be looking to move towards Automated testing in the future.
- Reporting back to the development team on bugs and issues indentified.
SQL Scripting, SQL Server, .NET Helpdesk Support Analyst, Technical Support Analyst, Application Support, Technical Support, Tester, Manual Testing, West Midlands.